Choosing a Drug Rehabilitation Facility
It’s common to have many questions when it comes to choosing a drug rehabilitation facility. After all, you want to make sure you choose the best treatment for yourself or your loved one and you want to guarantee their successful recovery to the best of your ability. It’s important that, prior to choosing a drug rehabilitation facility you first make contact with the facility either by phone or in person to determine if the facility even offers the type of treatment and care necessary to help you or your loved one overcome addiction. All drug rehabilitation facilities are different, provide different levels and quality of care and offer different options which is why it’s vital to your recovery success that you first inquire about treatment prior to deciding what is going to be the best course of action for your individual needs.
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Drug Rehabilitation Facility
There are many questions that you should ask before choosing drug rehabilitation facility that can provide you with appropriate addiction treatment. Some of the questions you will want to ask include:
- Are the backgrounds and credentials checked for all staff members?
- What is the success rate and how is success measured at the facility?
- Is the facility organized, clean, and hygienic?
- Is a 12 step program used or is the treatment non-12 step?
- Does the facility provide detox?
- Is aftercare provided at the facility or at least by the facility?
- Are individual needs taken into account such as psychological status, gender and age, health or religious needs, etc?
- What does treatment cost and is insurance accepted?
- Is the price of treatment all inclusive or are there additional fees that can be expected such as medication expenses, meals, etc?
- How long is the rehabilitation program?